Why you should use iGPU (intel and AMD)

 Why you should use iGPU



An iGPU stands for integrated Graphics Processing Unit. It's a graphics chip that's built directly onto the same die  (integrated circuit) as the central processing unit (CPU) of a computer. This  makes for a more compact, energy-efficient, and cost-effective design, especially for laptops and ultrabooks.


So bought my desktop PC almost 4 years ago and it came with iGPU disabled and I used it without iGPU because there is a NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPU. but not enabling the iGPU was a big mistake. I am also a content creator, mostly I make tutorial, and software reviews. I use one PC for everything Gaming, Recording and streaming and I have only GPU because of that I sometimes face issues such as my recording crashing, stream going out sync and unable to record a screen while I'm using a heavy program such as Local AI tools. but ever since I started using iGPU for recording and streaming I never faced those issues.


There are amny other use cases for iGPU for all types of people, I have made a video in this topic so watch the video down below to learn more use cases of iGPU.


Some extra use cases for iGPU

Certain professional applications can leverage both the iGPU and DGPU for improved performance. For example, some video editing software can utilize the iGPU for previewing edits while the DGPU handles the actual rendering, leading to smoother workflows.

Some iGPUs have built-in media engines that excel at hardware encoding and decoding tasks. This can be offloaded from the DGPU, freeing up its resources for other graphical processes. This can be beneficial for video editing, encoding streams, or video conferencing.

Some systems can utilize both the iGPU and DGPU to drive multiple monitors simultaneously. This expands your desktop workspace and improves multitasking capabilities.


Check out my other posts, I post useful tutorials and tech tips, maybe you will find something useful 😉.